Thursday, March 4, 2010

Profile/Interview



I was asked to do an on-line 'interview" (a series of rather broad questions... more of an "inter-type," HERE. These exercises, besides appealing to one's narcissistic side, can be useful; they do invite the type-ee to reflection (in this case, on why I spend so much time on the Barking Dog, which garners me neither fame nor fortune... not that I've ever gone out of my way to earn either.
There is apparently a vote/popularity/promotional aspect to this, which might or might not interest visiting bloggers. I have no idea how one gets invited to do one of these.
A second look at this site--while it doesn't scam you for money, sets up your interview with links to cheesy wannabe writers ads--using the post for promoting stuff I would never choose to associate with.
I suggested they should make an effort to match the promos to the individual... why not independent small publishers, for instance...








6 comments:

  1. Nothing like telling me not to go somewhere - I had a little peep, but was careful not to click anywhere.

    I have homegrowntomatoenvy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lulu... glad you got out of that creepy house. Made the Adams Family look normal.

    Four months to wait... mid-July. Mmmmm tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacob,

    I took your advice and removed the links from near your interview.

    Thanks,

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Mike.

    Interviews, good idea. I appreciate you're setting them up.

    Ads... set my warning lights on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi jacob -

    i got an invite too - decided i would "google" the site and was glad to find your post on it.

    i am a little too busy to deal with any more junk directed my way so i guess i will pass on an interview....

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. They were quick to change the ad profile. Have had no problem with junk.

    Visibility does matter, if you keep under your own control.

    ReplyDelete