Monday, June 20, 2011




Last night I invented a companion. A real companion... as an invention is real, as an invented thing is real before it fledges. By telling you of_______, who I will call NoOne because NoOne refuses a name... and will not accept pronouns of possession, will not admit of this sex or that... no his hers him her he she... & so, in telling...  NoOne grows in power

& now NoOne IS
NoOne counsels me to know what no one knows but me
leads me into dark places
leads me through narrow corridors of ruin &
creation
leads me into invisible rooms
rooms with invisible walls of sleep
I will look for NoOne in strange places
NoOne will be with me all the days of my life

I told NoOne I would tell you
& in telling, NoOne is real in a new way, and will grow in power like Spirit Stick, like Poem Tree, who are two of the forms that reveal NoOne. Shhh, NoOne is listening! Be true!

1 comment:

  1. Joyeux Anniversaire! Did you see that the thumbnail at This Space this morning is a spirit stick? We all love and respect you, Jacob, and are inspired by you every single day. 70 more, if it were up to me.

    ReplyDelete